Remote Taskbar and Desktops themes
Administrator tools on the server
With the AdminTool, the Administrator can choose between 4 display modes when he assigns applications: The Microsoft Remote Desktop,
The Remote Taskbar, The Floating Panel or
The Application Panel.
The Remote Taskbar, Floating and Application Panels are available for any connection method.
When you assign applications to an user, you can enable the RDS-WebAccess remote taskbar. The RDS-WebAccess Taskbar is extremely useful when a session is run with the Seamless RDS-WebAccess connection program. The user can launch remote applications with one click on the RDS-WebAccess taskbar and still have the full local Desktop available. You can assign the Remote Taskbar to your users or groups by double-clicking on it or by selecting it, then clicking on the "Assign Application" tile:
The Administrator can easily decide what will be the default Remote Desktop theme the user will see when opening a session. Select the RDS-WebAccess Remote Taskbar, then click on "Edit Application":
- Only the Administrator can choose the themes for his users.
- He can choose to display the maximized applications in full-screen mode or not to overlap the RDS-WebAccess taskbar as well as the Silver or Blue taskbars.
- Since RDS-WebAccess 11.40 release, minimized buttons position on the taskbar can be changed (on top of the screen, on the bottom, on the right, the left side, or in the center).
The administrator can even decide to display it on top of the user screen instead of the default bottom side.
- Systray icons can also be hidden by ticking the "Hide the Notification Area" circle.
On the applications tile of the AdminTool the administrator can select 3 different styles of Remote Desktop RDS-WebAccess Taskbar.
The user can launch remote applications with one click on the RDS-WebAccess taskbar and still have the full local Desktop available.
Right-side Blue theme taskbar
Right-side Silver theme taskbar
On Top taskbar
With the AdminTool, the Administrator can easily decide what will be the default Remote Desktop theme the user will see when opening a session. He has the choice between 4 different styles of full screen Remote Desktop. The standard Microsoft Remote Desktop can also be used if preferred.
Because these RDS-WebAccess Desktops are full screen desktops, the user's display is entirely filled when a session is opened from dedicated thin-clients, any RDP based client, or accessed from a web page or RDS-WebAccess Remote Desktop clients.
There are benefits over a standard Remote Desktop. It enhances the server security (no START button neither full control of the Desktop).
Standard Microsoft Remote Desktop
- The user has a complete desktop including Start Button and full control of the desktop
- To assign to complete desktop, just assign the Microsoft Remote Desktop application.
In order to change the Desktop themes, you will have to assign the RDS-WebAccess Remote Taskbar and choose between the 3 suggested themes:
RDS-WebAccess Desktop theme one
RDS-WebAccess Desktop theme two
RDS-WebAccess logon theme
For each theme, the Administrator can customize it and for example, display the Corporate logo. He can also add his own Desktop wallpaper by selecting one of the Desktop themes and by clicking on the Replace logo/wallpaper button to select your .jpg file, for example:
- You can add your own Desktop wallpaper by selecting one of the Desktop themes and by clicking on the Replace logo/wallpaper button to select your .jpg file, for example: